Thursday, June 24, 2010

A Tribute to Tom Cruise

Bringing us a blockbuster hit nearly every year since 1981, he has given us over 30 films, rated one of the 50 most beautiful people in the world, made history being the first actor to star in five consecutive films that grossed $100 million, averaging $60 million per film with a winning smile to fall in love with, it is none other than Tom Cruise.

His new film, co-starring Cameron Diaz, 'Knight and Day' was just released yesterday June 23rd. Is this the comeback Tom has been hoping for? Not that Mr. Cruise is doing bad, but lets face it Cruise, you went a little crazy there for a second, you don't have Robert Pattinsons hair, and Valkyrie didn't do so well.

I am interested in seeing the results of this new film for Tom, but what I am really interested in is my little conspiracy theory surrounding this film and 'Killers' that was realesed only a few weeks ago. 'Killers' starred a much younger, fresh cast, Ashton Kutcher and Katherine Hiegl, with basically the same plot as 'Knight and Day'. Though Ashton nor Katherine do not have the experience Diaz and Cruise do, and no one can pull off action like Tom, I still think it was a ploy to release 'Killers' in hopes to ruin a little of the excitement for 'Knight and Day.' Cause who really wants to see the same film twice, especially if the first time around wasn't that great!

I am rooting for you though Tom. I am willing to forget about the couch scene, your love for scientology, and the fact that you may be too old for me now, but is the film community ready to accept you back 100%?

To continue the tribute to Tom, my top 5 Cruise films:

5. Mission:Impossible

4. Rain Man

3. A Few Good Men

2. The Firm

And my #1 Tom Cruise Film:
1. The Last Samuri

So, if you go and see 'Knight and Day' this weekend, I hope you enjoy it and I hope it is better than 'Killers'. I can't wait to see it myself, but I am not going to go in with high expectations!! Good luck Tom!!
And enjoy the movies!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment